The Accountant I will have a solid foundation of GAAP and accounting knowledge and will be able to assist in various accounting cycles from beginning to end.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Maintains monthly analysis and reconciliation of all balance sheets, revenue, and expenditure.
- Creates detailed worksheets and compiles the required supporting documentation for monthly and year-end adjustments in relationship with the complete accounting cycle through trial balance.
- Prepares adjusting entries and journal vouchers for monthly and year-end closing as well as monthly MIS reporting package including collection and review of financial statements, and preparation of the related schedules.
- Collects and coordinates input from various sources and reporting units.
- Statistical data and analysis reports for various programs and projects.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and cost reports to funding sources for various contracts and sub-agencies.
- Maintains budgetary accounting systems.
- Monthly variance reports of budget vs. actual.
- Analysis reports of changes and nature of effectiveness for expenditures and revenues.
- Reviews the effectiveness of systems and procedures relative to overall accounting activities and the related functions as directed and supervised by the Controller.
- In charge of internal auditing.
- Coordinates and provides supporting documentation and the related schedules as required by the auditors.
- Monthly and year-end closing.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports including analysis of financial statements for Center’s activities and operation as well as monthly and annual budget by programs, contracts, reporting units, and funding sources.
- Accounting manual, systems and procedures, fiscal policy, and various flow charts.
- Assists in other business and fiscal matters, i.e., cash flow, vendor relations, purchase requisition, grant application, banking relations, etc.
- Duties include fund transfer, record keeping, filing, typing, fiscal errands, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller. Assist in other areas as necessary.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in Accounting/MIS required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general accounting with at least 1 year in finance and budget.
- Data processing and non-profit organization experience preferred.
- 10 key by touch – 8000 to 9000 keystrokes per hour
- GAAP knowledge
This is a temp to hire position in the San Fernando Valley. Please call for additional details.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.