Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling financial accounts. They will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense reports, credit card transactions and receipts.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- The Accounting Clerk will also be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner.
- Make daily collection calls
- Conduct account research and analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Maintain an accurate aging report
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
- Send statements to outstanding customers
- Reconcile A/R to the G/L
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven accounting and collections experience.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Experience using QuickBooks is preferred
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to communicate well with accounting team, customers and vendors at all levels
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
- The Accounting Clerk must be proficient at accounting software and MS Office (especially Excel).
- The Accounting Clerk should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Be a strong communicator, both on paper and over the phone, as he or she will frequently deal with higher levels of management.
This is a possible temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. The salary range is $17 to $20 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.