The Accounting Supervisor will manage the day-to-day accounting functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash. They will supervise the AP department and AP clerks.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Firstly the Accounting supervisor is responsible for the operation of all accounting systems and records, including, but not limited to, cash receipts, expenditures, inventory, payroll.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems to ensure integrity of finances based on sound accounting procedures and controls.
- Supervises and trains as necessary, the accounts receivable and accounts payable employees.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Resolves routine problems of reconciliation.
- Nurtures a work culture that promotes open, frequent and communication among accounting staff, stimulating teamwork to accomplish desired goals and objectives.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual pro forma Budget. Meets mandated publication and filing dates for financial documents as required.
- Reviews and authorizes check requests and purchase order invoices and advises of potential over-expenditures or misappropriation.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate files and records for company commercial bank accounts, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assists in special projects and all other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Will research, compile, sort, and present information and reports.
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years directly related experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, & Outlook. Advanced knowledge of: Excel, prior experience with an ERP system (SysPro preferred)
- Analyzing Information, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, General understanding of GAAP, Financial Software, Written and Verbal Communications, and Organization skills required.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs. 10-key by touch
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage large amounts of data
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and ability to effectively manage conflict.
- With minimal supervision, ability to prioritize work, and supervise people and activities.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Salary range is $25 – $28 hourly. Please call for additional information. Must be able to pass employment background and drug screen and adhere to company’s drug-free workplace policies.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.