The Accounting Supervisor oversees and performs audits, supervises revenue, fiscal monitor and fiscal assistant staff, prepares budget documents, performs confidential accounting tasks.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Leads and motivates assigned staff in providing excellent support to coworkers, other departments, consumers and vendors. Leads by example.
- Selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and motivates staff.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures and making recommendations for the department.
- Supervises audit staff. Oversees, directs and conducts audits of vendors. Plans and secures approval on audit programs to meet contract and legal requirements. Monitors and evaluates audit results and creates reports on audit findings. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures related to audits.
- Supervises revenue accounting staff. Oversees consumer trust account services to maximize and protect consumers’ third party benefits such as Social Security and Medi-cal. Reviews and approves disbursement requests from trust accounts for consumers. Reviews trust account ledgers and trust account reconciliations prepared by revenue staff. Monitors monthly accounts receivable and loans for consumer trusts. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as well as legal and statutory requirements related to trust account services.
- Supervises staff responsible for various programs mandated in statute. Oversees billing and collections. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as well as legal and statutory requirements related to programs.
- Supervises staff responsible for reviewing and processing rate increases for vendors. Reviews and approves vendor rate increase requests. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as well as legal and statutory requirements related to rate increases.
- Develops and conducts various internal/external trainings, independent auditors, and other reports as required.
- Assists in projecting and analyzing budget.
- Participates on the management team to recommend and determine department needs and practices.
- Assumes leadership on special projects. May provide technical assistance and training to internal staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Accounting, auditing, finance.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word. Staff leadership and supervision.
- Auditing, research, forecasting, data analysis and account reconciliation skills.
- Report preparation and presentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Must work effectively with people from a variety of cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required
- Audit experience a plus
This is temp to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. Please call for additional details.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.