Administrative Assistant Labor Relations
Non-profit Client is seeking an Administrative Assistant Labor Relations. Candidate will perform complex administrative, secretarial and clerical work for labor relations/HR management Staff.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Organizes and manages work flow and clerical work for assigned Director-level staff. Reviews incoming mail, calls, emails, and requests, directs as appropriate. Schedules and facilitates meetings and appointments and manages multiple calendars.
- Independently composes and formats complex correspondence, emails, policies, procedures, agreements, reports, graphs, spreadsheets, and databases. Prepares technical documents, such as exhibit binders.
- Appropriately handles confidential employee and labor relations-type assignments, information, and activities.
- Tracks and oversees division projects, performs specialized administrative projects, ensures that department deadline and commitments are met.
- Communicates with consumers, internal and external authorized representatives, and attorneys.
- Provides back-up support for other administrative support staff
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel; excellent spreadsheet and database creation and management skills
- Strong English grammar, syntax, and spelling.
- Accurate rapid typing
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent detail orientation and critical thinking skills, including for proofreading
- Customer service skills, continually demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Being proactive and anticipatory
- Communicating complex policies and procedures
- Researching, compiling and preparing reports
- Work tracking
- Working independently and cooperatively with a variety of in-house and community sources and representatives
- Ability to manage time and projects effectively in fast paced environment
- Working effectively with diverse groups of people
- Experience in legal setting is preferred but not required
- High school graduation and four years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field will substitute for 2 years of experience.
This is a Temp to Hire Position located in the North San Fernando Valley area; salary range is $20 to $23 DOE. This client requires an extensive in-house testing protocol approximately 2.5 hours in duration.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.