Bilingual Senior Secretary
The Bilingual Senior Secretary performs routine and complex clerical and administrative tasks in support of a supervisor, manager or director of the Consumer Services Department. They must be fully fluent in Spanish (both written and verbal).
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Independently organizes and performs administrative and clerical tasks in support of department manager and assigned unit staff.
- May train staff on computer or clerical procedure issues.
- Maintains a variety of case and department records, including work files, computer databases, and activity logs.
- Compiles and prepares reports from source materials.
- Composes correspondence, communicates with others on behalf of manager, agency.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings and activities.
- Performs a variety of clerical and support tasks.
- May provide work assignments or serve as lead to junior staff.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong computer– must have intermediate skills for Microsoft Word (including mail merge) and Microsoft Excel
- Standard office practices (filing, faxing, copying scanning, etc.)
- Good math skills are a must
- Business writing and professional phone manner skills are a must.
- Accurate and rapid typing (35 wpm minimum with 90 % accuracy)
- Rapid data entry skills are helpful
- Customer service
- Independent work management.
- Must work successfully with people from a variety of cultures.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three years of related experience is required
This is a temporary position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The pay is $22 hourly. The client requires a battery of testing that must be passed prior to the job interview. This will consist of Spanish (written/verbal), Word, Excel, Grammar, Spelling, Attention to detail, Math, Filing, Analyzing, Typing (35 wpm/90% accuracy). This will be approximately 3 – 3.5 hours long.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.