We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper with general accounting and tax experience for a CPA firm. A Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
Job Requirements (including but not limited to the following):
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Additional experience with Pro FX by CCH is a plus
- Broader tax skills (additional training in tax process is possible)
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Three to five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
This is a temp to hire position located in the Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks area. Please contact us for additional information.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.