Our client is seeking a Collateral Analyst who will ensure the security and profitability of the company through effective credit control and monitoring collateral performance within a portfolio of clients.
Job Descriptions (including but not limited to the following):
- Establishes and maintains a professional and efficient relationship with an allocated portfolio of clients and their debtors.
- Provides a secondary point of contact for Clients.
- Ensures that security interest is maintained at all times within internal management policies operated by the company (e.g. management controls, risk framework and KPC’s).
- Provides excellent standards of customer service.
- Manages collateral performance of the allocated portfolio through efficient and effective Credit Control and compliance with the company’s’ policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection methods when required.
- Establishes and maintains a professional and expert relationship with Clients through efficient ledger management. Understands and is interested in Client’s business.
- Ensures that debtor notification and verifications are performed in-line with KPC requirements.
- Uses collection and verification queues and call backs in conjunction with aging profile and risk scores to determine calling priorities.
- Maintains an understanding of the clients within the allocated portfolio.
- Understands financial statements on a general level in order to manage risk associated with making funding decisions.
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining the company’s security interest.
Other duties that may be included:
- Seeks to proactively understand their clients in order to spot early warning signs. Recognizes additional fee earning opportunities.
- Communicates any concerns noted or adverse performance trends to the A/E with recommendations on how to manage these issues.
- Makes credit management decisions based on credit references and payment performance. Sets credit limits within guidelines, assesses invoice eligibility, and makes funding decisions to assist line manager when needed.
- Performs general A/R review to ensure debtor information complete and payments allocated completely and correctly. Works closely with Data Entry.
- Minimizes manageable losses by proactively monitoring ledger performance and taking appropriate and timely action.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behavior and approaches to changing circumstances.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact the client’s business.
- Drives for outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of the company’s core and specialist products.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the company, its vision and values and works with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.
Skills and Requirements:
- Most importantly, must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire others. Leads by example.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently when required.
- Also, computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong customer service.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Salary range will be $18-$19.50 hourly. This company has a great benefits package at conversion.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.