Consumer Services Associate
The Consumer Services Associate serves as the first point of consumer contact and the primary liaison between our client and its consumers through all communication channels including phone, e-mail and online. Complete all the daily functions of the Consumer Services department. Partner with the marketing department to continually develop and implement new processes to better serve consumer needs.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Respond to all consumer and inbound company phone calls, e-mails and letters in a timely and professional manner
- Be able to problem solve and successfully resolve consumer questions and issues effectively while maintaining a positive relationship and company opinion with consumers
- Learn the functions and instructions for all the Client products and be able to answer consumer questions related to trouble-shooting on the various products
- Partner with the marketing team to create standardized responses to different consumer issues and questions that are also consistent with the messaging in marketing communications
- Manage all consumer orders through the Client e-commerce site and via mail, allocating orders to the fulfillment vendors and ensuring shipments are made on time. Establish and implement an effective process for communicating order status to consumers.
- Implement the customer return and refund processes with consumers including return labels, receipt of returns and refund processing with accounting
- Establish processes and generate reports for the marketing, product management and accounting teams that track and summarize the volume and content of consumer calls, valuable consumer feedback, metrics on consumer shipments, and order detail for invoicing
- Review and respond to online consumer reviews as another extension of the consumer services department
- Partner with the marketing department to respond to consumer services issues coming through social media channels
- Implement and update online consumer services content on the Client website such as FAQs and instruction manuals while collaborating with marketing to ensure effective website integration with consumer services processes
- Effectively represent the Client company in a positive way that aligns with the values and positioning of the company
Skills and Requirements:
- High school graduate. Two year degree preferred. Four year college degree a plus.
- Experience interfacing directly with consumers
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely when talking with consumers and answering their questions
- Ability to be professional, courteous and calm on the phone with consumers at all times and even in the most difficult situations
- Excellent organizational and workflow skills with an ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Ability to identify, propose and implement process improvements
- Tech savvy and computer proficient including Microsoft Office products
- Strong familiarity and experience with online shopping sites, social media sites, intranet company IT systems, and web-based applications
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Detail oriented with consistent and thorough follow-up with consumers and internal stakeholders
- Marketing experience and/or education a plus
This is a temporary position located in the Conejo Valley area. Salary is $16 hourly. Please call for additional details.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.