Department Secretary with Spanish
Seeking a Department Secretary with Spanish language skills to perform routine and complex clerical and support work in a nonprofit environment for a Case Management environment. Main duties will include data entry, tracking documents, email and correspondence.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Receives calls from consumers, families, others, obtains and records pertinent information, refers or responds to requests. Provides support to service coordinators and management staff.
- Types/inputs documents and records. Maintains a variety of records, including files, computer databases and activity logs.
- Performs a variety of clerical and support tasks, including filing, copying, telephone or reception coverage, meeting set-up and coordination, scheduling appointments, preparing and obtaining case materials and communicating with consumers, families, service providers and other agencies.
- Provides support to other Secretaries and staff members, as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Intermediate proficiency utilizing MS Word (to include mail merge), Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and various databases
- Very strong Spanish language skills are a must
- Proficient in the use of general office equipment (i.e., printers, scanners, fax and copiers)
- Accurate typing minimum of 50 wpm and good data entry skills
- Usage of appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Some positions require knowledge of medical and psychological terminology
- Accurate and rapid typing, computer usage, (transcription may be required for some positions), customer service on telephone and/or in person, organization, meeting deadlines, following written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies in support of their duties and responsibilities
- High school Diploma or equivalent and two years of related clerical experience
This is a 5-6 month temporary position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. There is a 4.5 hour testing requirement prior to interview. Please call our office for additional detail.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.