Development Associate provides support to the Development Director and Development Coordinator in all areas of Development and Public Relations.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
Under the direction of the Development Director, provide support for annual fundraising campaign and Center events including annual fundraising Gala, board meetings/functions, Center wide holiday party and other events as determined.
- Prepare solicitation letters and coordinate mailings for Development Department. Assist with researching and identifying additional prospects to solicit.
- Assist with web site updates utilizing WordPress.
- Enter, monitor and track donations, event responses and reservations in Raiser’s Edge. Send out donor acknowledgement letters. Compile data and prepare development campaign and event related progress reports.
- Assist with the design, layout and production of materials to include proofing, editing and composing editorial copy.
- Monitor and replenish the stock of Development advertising specialty items (e.g., pens, post-it notes, pins, etc.) and other Development supplies (such as brochures). Maintain log of checked out items from the Development Department.
- Maintain Development files (physical and electronic), Raiser’s Edge data integrity, including ensuring that lists, records and documents are current, i.e. media list, board list, letterhead, etc.
- Attend Board of Directors, Board Fundraising Committee meetings and other committee meetings as needed. Coordinate Fundraising committee meeting logistics and room setup, prepare agenda, take minutes and distribute to all committee members. Provide backup support to Executive Assistant as needed regarding the setup of Board of Directors and other Board committee meetings, including sending notifications and invitations.
- Provide support to program staff for their miscellaneous event needs.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of special events, development and public relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience with coordinating successful special events and obtaining corporate sponsorships.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills, and ability to interact with diverse groups.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office and database applications. Raiser’s Edge and WordPress knowledge essential. Knowledge of Drupal a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HIPAA and related state law confidentiality requirements.
Temp to hire position located in the San Fernando Valley area. Please call for additional details.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.