We are currently seeking a candidate to help support a digital content team as an Editorial Assistant, Video. Someone who can process payments, request check requests and act as an assistant to the digital production team working closely with the Assistant Editor.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Processing video content into the other systems used. Processing video content involves entering data into spreadsheets and or databases accurately and on time.
- Must be highly organized, have an eye for detail, questions things… would be a great candidate.
- Work with Acquisitions Editors in the Video Editorial team to support their activities in securing content for an agreed number and size of video subject collections per year for the academic library market.
- Most importantly, using a mixture of effective relationship management, strong IT (e.g. Microsoft Office, Skype)
- Organizational and administrative skills, must work expertly and quickly with a high volume of diverse tasks in an exciting and fast-paced.
- Will assist other members of the Client Video team (across departments), Editorial Boards of the video collections as well as other external clients and academics to ensure editorial workflows are kept on track and that systems are up-to-date.
- Reaching out to content providers and authors to secure details for missing/incomplete metadata for Video in the collections
- Working with other members of the Video team to ensure proper handover/ingestion of Video metadata
- Maintaining Editorial Content Tracking Databases, crucial to assessing progress of video progress per collection.
Skills and Requirements:
- A strong Bachelor’s degree in the Social or Behavioral Sciences preferred, GPA of 3.5 of higher preferred
- The department uses SmartBooks and JIRA software.
- Microsoft Office experience at the intermediate level required.
- Prior intern experience in publishing or editorial preferred
- Experience with streaming video or educational multimedia products will be of interest
- Ability to prioritize and focus to drive successful delivery
This is a short term temporary position located in the Conejo Valley area. The pay is $16 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.