Foreign Exchange Specialist
The Foreign Exchange Specialist reports to the Operations Supervisor and is responsible for a sub set of the functional tasks within the Operations Department of a securities company.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Monitoring and performing settlement functions for executions occurring on foreign exchanges including:
- trade comparison
- un-affirmed trades
- DK’s (reclaim deliveries)
- cancel and rebills
- Fx conversions and settlements
- ADR conversions
- Foreign tax payments
- Serve as the principal liaison with the Company’s clearing firm
- Communicating settlement issue to the appropriate parties both internal and external
- Contribute to procedures for the Operations Department.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work related experience
- Series 7, 63 preferable, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of the settlement process for COD/COR accounts
- Ability to answer customer inquiries regarding settlement status of trades, cancel/corrects of trades and various other issues relating to trade settlement.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Detail Orientated
- Ability to work with Senior Management and make time sensitive decisions
- Ability to maintain a high level of client service at all times.
- Knowledge of processing and clearing foreign trades.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of industry software such as Fidessa, Merrill Lynch, Bloomberg, CTM are preferable
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. The salary range is $24 to $26 hourly depending on experience.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.