Health Insurance Customer Service Rep
Health Insurance Customer Service Rep will assist in all aspects of the day-to-day servicing of clients at the direction of the Account Managers. Once a general working knowledge of the industry and Employee Benefits is obtained, Account Administrators will begin developing direct relationships with an assigned book of business with the intention to eventually assume the “Jr. Account Manager” role on selected clients.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Provide and coordinate administrative support to unit, including returning phone calls, coordinating presentations, carrier/client correspondence, copy jobs, overnight mailings, etc.
- Work with appropriate Account Manager (AM) to identify responsibilities on each assigned account, begin to develop account “ownership”. Eventually to assume primary service role as directed by Account Manager (AM)
- Respond to client requests for service/assistance within one working day that request is made at the direction of the Account Manager (AM)
- Request renewals from carriers for all lines of coverage and ensure delivery in a timely manner.
- Assist with all marketing efforts as assigned by Account Manager (AM), including development of Request for Proposal (RFP), gathering of data, carrier follow-up, and production of reports.
- Develop ownership by familiarizing self with contracts, booklets, communications materials, administrative materials, and benefit schedules.
- Maintain permanent master files (keep current SPDs/certificates by client for each line of coverage, including revised documents/amendments), agency management system and accounting records at the direction of the Account Manager (AM).
- Practice proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues by communicating status of each to Account Manager (AM)
- Service all individual clients and answer phones during receptionist lunch hour or when called upon
- Manage 4Q (open enrollment)
Skills and Requirements:
- MUST have at least 1 year experience as a CSR working with Health Insurance
- no licensing requirements needed
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have a strong attention to detail and good follow through skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good phone manner and grammar
This is a temp to hire position located in the West San Fernando Valley area. Pay $16 -$21 DOE.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.