Holiday Membership Assistant
Nonprofit educational client is seeking a Holiday Membership Assistant who will provide exemplary customer service to a variety of constituents: new and long-standing clientele, membership and friends of the community; including all level of staff. This key team player will handle a busy call center throughout the weeks leading up to (and during) the client’s busy season; will assist visitors who arrive to handle events and membership needs; and will work with the administrative and senior staff to ensure all data entry is up-to-date and accurate.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Field phone calls and walk-in traffic with customer-forward, here-to-help attitude
- Work with members on the phone to assist with membership renewal, ticket reservations, and registrations
- Work with Membership Department on daily data entry; ensure system is up-to-date and accurate
- Staff season-related events: assist with membership renewal, ticket reservations, field questions, serve as ambassador for member needs
- Staff seasonal services: manage will-call, handle issues or errors in ticketing or membership
- Assist in ticketing reports and creation of customer service documents (price charts, FAQs, etc.) for internal use.
- Filing and general organizational tasks as necessary
- Some weeknight and weekend hours may be required (including specific holiday and seasonal events)
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- You must have superior customer service abilities with a friendly disposition and treat even the simplest interactions as opportunities to be an ambassador for community.
- Organizational, multi-tasking skills; ability to deliver on daily and weekly deadlines despite continuous phone and email traffic
- Self-starter with an eye towards improving systems and processes
- Expert data entry, comfort with a variety of databases and/or CRMs and can learn new systems easily.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to transition from internal data-related tasks to outgoing customer support services and event staffing
- Excellent editing & writing skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Works well under pressure in a busy environment
- Can prioritize work assignments
- Must be able to do basic accounting and math calculations
- Familiarity with Reform Judaism is a plus
- You are a self-motivated individual that works well independently but in a team setting as well.
- You pay meticulous attention to detail in all tasks and can balance a multitude of tasks while serving customer service opportunities as they come up.
This is a temporary position from May to September, located in the West Los Angeles area paying $16.00 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.