Human Resources Generalist
Non-profit organization seeks a Human Resources Generalist to assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff and at direction of Human Resources Supervisor; assists and advises agency management staff regarding Human Resources issues.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- With recruiting and staffing evaluates, refers candidates for employment, reviews and approves recommendations for hire. Assists in development of pre-employment tests at direction of HR Director or Supervisor.
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; monitors employee records for compliance with law or contract such as Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Employee orientation, development, and training as it relates to HR policies and processes.
- Processes employee and benefit paperwork; maintains the HR Information System (HRIS). Resolves employee benefit issues.
- Assists in coordinating and monitoring Safety, Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance programs, responds to inquiries from outside agencies.
- Assists in maintaining position tracking system and producing HR reports on staffing.
- Plans and facilitates employee information sessions and special events.
- Represents Human Resources at meetings or events as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- General knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and practices; personnel policy and procedure usage.
- Client requires 3+ years experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs such as computer information systems and Payroll systems.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong customer service background skills.
- At minimum, Associate’s degree in a related field and (3) three to (5)five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred not required.
This is a possible temp to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area, pay is $21-22.87 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.