Human Resources Manager
What’s the opportunity?
Our Client is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join their HR Team at the corporate offices of a large financial institution located in the North San Fernando Valley area. This client provides a full range of financial services and excellent career opportunities.
Under the general guidance of the Director, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the planning, management and execution of human resources operations including payroll, staffing, compensation and benefits administration, employee relations/investigations, management training and compliance with federal and state laws.
What will I be doing?
The Human Resources Manager will take on hands on approach within the department where the job duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Reviews, maintains, updates and interprets the organization’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws; studies existing and new legislation; anticipates legislation; enforces adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Provides guidance, advice and assistance to management and employees on matters involving HR policies and administration.
- Manages annual processes including performance management, merit modeling, benefits renewal and open enrollment.
- Manages and monitors the organization’s recruitment and selection function.
- Responsibly for the accuracy of job descriptions, classification of exempt and non-exempt positions; participates in salary studies; reviews and identifies wage and benefit trends and recommends changes accordingly.
- Manages all aspects of leaves of absence in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Oversees the accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll and maintenance of the HRIS.
- Investigates employee relations issues and and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Prepares analytics and interprets information, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Promotes employee development by facilitating training programs as assigned.
- Managerial responsibilities for two HR Generalists.
What skills or qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field of study. SPHR or PHR certification a plus.
- 8+ years of senior level Human Resources experience, at least two years of experience must have included supervisory responsibilities.
- The candidate should have the ability to analyze Human Resources programs, policies and organizational needs and recommend/implement change.
- They must be able to direct, motivate, evaluate and discipline others.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to ensure completion of assigned tasks within timeframes.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, tact and sensitivity towards all levels of employees.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor when communicating with all levels of staff, vendors and clients.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, leadership ability and a willingness to work harmoniously with groups.
- Ability to edit and correct written documentation in a timely manner.
- Proficient in computer operations, including Microsoft Office software and knowledge of various Human Resources/Payroll Information Systems
- Project management experience; systems conversion experience a plus.
This is a direct hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, FSA, Basic Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation Accrual
- Paid Sick Leave
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with 6% employer match