Human Resources Specialist 1
Human Resources Specialist 1 assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff and at direction of Human Resources Supervisor; assists and advises agency management staff regarding Human Resources issues.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Conducts resume searches for qualified applicants from various websites.
- Participates in screening interviews and sets up testing for candidates qualifications such as Microsoft Office, computer skills, writing skills, etc.
- Creates job postings for open positions. Posts internally for employees and externally on websites for outside applicants.
- Assists in maintaining position tracking system and producing HR reports on staffing.
- Conducts various HR related trainings, including New Staff Orientation and time keeping training ADP portal training.
- Initiate and complete background checks.
- Process employee related paperwork; maintains both physical and electronic employee files.
- Answers employee inquiries ad questions regarding policies, procedures, issues, changes, etc. Researches to determine appropriate resolution.
- Performs other related duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- General knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and practices; personnel policy and procedure usage.
- 2 years full cycle recruitment background is required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping).
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer service background skills.
- Associate’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred not required.
This temporary position is located in the North San Fernando Valley area. Please contact [email protected] for additional details.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.