IT Support Technician II
The IT Support Technician II will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, software and hardware in a fast-paced work environment. Providing maintenance of computer/desktop/laptop/device by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and providing internal IT helpdesk support. The IT Support Technician II will be responsible for internal support of the Company’s PC’s, Printers, Servers, and related equipment including tasks related to end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Manage the incident queue and ensure that tickets are addressed per documented procedures.
- Promptly respond to escalated incidents regarding technology problems.
- Perform on-site, as well as remote analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex technology problems for end-users, recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Receive and respond to after-hour calls, and/or e-mails regarding technology problems as part of an on-call rotation.
- Maintain inventory control of all computers, notebook computers, printers and tracked peripherals.
- Document failure, repair, installation, and removal of desktop equipment or related components.
- Utilizes and properly follows related change control systems.
- Documents internal procedures and maintains department/company documentation.
- Perform imaging process of computers and notebooks.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, system hardware, phones and applications & software.
- Responsible for installation, deployment and maintenance of desktops, phones and laptops including user creation, system imaging, backups and troubleshooting.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for as needed
- Operate & maintain audio & visual equipment such as devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Oversees the maintenance of both the LAN and the WAN.
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience with ERP/SysPro, experience is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of desktop/laptop computers including Desktop Email Configuration and troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of technical support experience in manufacturing operations where technology interfaces with equipment
- Previous experience with Systems Management, K1000, experience is a plus.
- Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite 2013/16.
- Knowledge of User Profile and Account Maintenance in Active Directory.
- Ability to configure Peripherals
- Capable of utilizing remote desktop support tools to solve problems, audio/visual systems integration and support.
- Experience with LAN Connectivity Troubleshooting.
- Familiar with mobile device (phone/tablet) setup/ use.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- PC Imaging.
- Networking Skills are a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve accurately and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively and professionally across multiple levels of the organization.
- Must have availability to work outside normal hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA or Technical Studies degree preferred
- Certifications pertaining to desktop/helpdesk support preferred.
- 2 years in a desktop support role.
- Previous experience in a 24x7x365 Operations environment preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills using the English language.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Salary is $25 hourly. Great benefits and bonuses after transition. Candidate must be able to pass screening, drug test, background check, and be able to adhere to company’s drug-free workplace policies.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.