Journals Editorial Assistant
We have an opportunity for a Journals Editorial Assistant for the staff of STM Journals department at a large publishing company. This position provides administrative support for acquisition editors in the STM Journal’s editorial team and the Director of STM Journals, as needed. Successful performance may equip the EA for promotion within the department.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Assist in preparation of proposals and in researching prospects
- Enter and update data in prospecting system, Sugar CRM and run reports as needed
- Process T&E reports through the AMEX tool in a timely manner
- As directed, set up and prepare for external journal editor visits (travel arrangements, bio creation, agenda, reimbursement and expenses).
- Update SPIN as required (ED board and other journal changes)
- Respond to miscellaneous inquiries
- Support journal management responsibilities handled by the acquisition editors, as needed, to include preparation of publisher reports and miscellaneous administration duties.
- Maintain and distribute meeting minutes, as requested.
- Responding to miscellaneous inquires related to journals on editor’s list, as directed by Publishing Editor or management
- Handle special projects as assigned by Acquisition editors
- Assist when CLIENT is hosting office visitors, as requested.
- Provide general support for Director as needed
- Oversee and coordinate department wide initiatives or events such as contests, retreats, strategy meetings, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed
- Assist in helping to prepare reports
- Miscellaneous support as needed or requested by department staff
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, except in cases where candidate has strong related experience
- At least one year general office experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent English verbal and written business communication skills required.
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to follow directions, learn and understand departmental procedures required.
This is a possible temp to hire possibility located in the Conejo Valley area. The pay is $15.50. The company provides an excellent benefits package to new hires.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.