What’s the Opportunity?
As a member of the Finance and Accounting team, the Junior Accountant is responsible for financial reporting and analysis of information using accounting and financial tools to compile, report, evaluate, analyze and recommend appropriate financial activities related to the operation of the organization in accordance with U.S. GAAP. This company does business internationally.
What will I be doing?
The Junior Accountant will be doing basic, core accounting work such as journal entries, monthly closing, reconciliations, maybe some AP. This office handles finance & accounting for the U.S. and has 10 staff members, there are another 4 in Europe.
Examples work in this role might include:
- Facilitate the banking function, including deposits, upload ACH and positive pay report to the bank.
- Monthly bank reconciliation between Oracle general ledger balances and bank statement balances.
- Review validity of daily bank transactions and investigate any that appear to be fraudulent.
- Standardize and create efficiencies for financial reporting, reconciliations and ad hoc reports.
- Exercise attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency across all reporting and analysis responsibilities.
- Month-end close duties, including monthly journal entries, balance sheet and other account reconciliations.
- Handle the recording and monthly reporting of Fixed Assets schedules.
- Prepare monthly expense reports including variance analysis.
- Work with auditors during interim and annual audits.
- Prepare and submit the annual 1099s and other tax forms as needed.
What skills do I need?
- 3-5 years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred, a little bit of experience would be nice but would consider a fresh accounting grad
- Intermediate MS Office Suite user, particularly Excel, using formulas, functions, macros, queries and pivot tables.
- Oracle Financial experience a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and able/comfortable communicating across the organization.
- Precise attention to detail, well-organized, solution-oriented and comfortable working against deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, detail and results oriented, great organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work within tight deadlines.
This is a direct hire position located in the San Fernando Valley area.
- Competitive pay ($45k- 50k annually)
- Great benefits
- Very nice work environment
- Individual development is important/promoted
- Enviable work/life balance
- Please call for additional information