Junior Human Resources Assistant
The Junior Human Resources Assistant will coordinate and participate in the daily operations for classified and certificated personnel. They will provide staff support to the Human Resources Department.
JOB DESCRIPTION (including but not limited to the following):
- Assist with the daily operations of administration functions including filing, faxing, sorting, scanning and answering phones.
- Distribution of mail
- Provide support to the Director Human Resources as needed
- Some data entry may be required
- Research, compiling and providing information for reports and special projects
- Maintains confidential files and records relating to personnel transactions, grievances, disciplinary actions, contract administration and negotiations
- Prepare and distribute correspondence and informational materials as directed
- Serve as backup for the Human Resources Specialist
- As assigned, assist Human Resources Specialist to provide backup and support during peak workload periods and/or absences
- Filing, typing, duplicating and maintaining records
- Establish and maintain manual and automated employee records and files
- Perform related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- An Associate of Arts degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible administrative, secretarial or clerical experience working in human resources helpful
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working with HRIS database is a plus
- Experience working in school district human resources is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of public personnel administration including recruitment, selection, and salary administration is helpful but not required
- Modern office procedures and record-keeping techniques
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary, Oral and written communication skills
- Telephone techniques and etiquette, including Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with high attention to detail
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise and firmness
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines
- Work confidentially with discretion and independently with little direction
This is a temp position located in the San Fernando Valley. The pay is $16 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.