Legal Billing Clerk
The Legal Billing Clerk generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts. This temporary position requires strong data entry skills and experience working with billing for a legal firm.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Answer the phones in the office and respond to client needs or transfer communication to the appropriate party
- Process bills and send them to the client as required
- Log all incoming payments from client and update internal records to reflect current balances
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects firm’s value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with clients; monitoring payments; following up with clients when payment lapses occur.
- If appropriate, call clients to update records, such as billing addresses and methods of payment
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in accounting and billing is required
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Enjoy working with numbers and is a quick learner
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, any higher education helpful
- Excellent organizations and time management skills
- Accurate 10-key abilities – preferably 9,000 plus kph
- Strong computer skills required (i.e., Microsoft Office, etc)
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and on the phone
This is a temporary position located in the Conejo Valley area. The salary is $15 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.