The role of the Marketing Assistant is to support the goals of the Marketing department. The Marketing Assistant will help plan and implement marketing plans and programs developed by the Marketing Managers within specified budget and deadlines. This position will also assist with email campaigns, advertisements, collateral, brochures, webinars, sales support needs, the website, and social media.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Support Marketing Managers’ implementation of strategic multi-channel sales and marketing plans as directed in a timely and responsive manner.
- Work with Marketing Managers the Marketing Assistant supports developing marketing plans for key titles, events, and channels.
- Support Marketing Managers in communication and support of authors with flyers, scheduling calls, etc.
- Conduct market research to identify key associations, publications, ad opportunities, etc. to support marketing planning.
- Complete ad hoc projects as identified by Marketing Managers the Marketing Assistant supports.
- Help manage our associations, through creation of landing pages, tracking promo codes, and sending check requests as needed.
- Create ads, email campaigns, and direct mail with direction from the Marketing Manager.
- Facilitate execution on anything that needs to be created or changed on our website (events, partnerships, feature boxes, etc).
- Write headlines and short form copy for campaigns as needed.
- Help create landing pages as needed.
- Manage Client’s social media accounts and ensure our social media initiatives are carried out appropriately
- Continually develop product, market, and competitor knowledge through conventions, editorial, author, and customer communication.
- Travel to conventions on behalf of Client, act as Booth Manager, and plan booth schedule as needed.
- Conduct effective and professional sales conversations on key client products, programs, and initiatives.
- Assist with planning and executing conference attendance, including book setup and teardown, in-booth collateral and other materials, special events both in and outside of the exhibit hall, etc.
- Assist with support of packing up and shipping materials for events
- Act as representative of the company when dealing with potential or existing customers and authors.
- When communicating with customers and authors, take appropriate actions to ensure they have a positive experience with, and image of, the company.
- Manage the Department inbox and take care of all emails and requests.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing or a related field
- 1-2 years marketing, sales, or related job experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organization and planning skills, the ability to prioritize between multiple tasks, a strong proficiency in written and verbal communication, and an aptitude for attention to detail.
- Be able to travel to at least 3-4 conferences per year
This is a temporary assignment locate in the Conejo Valley area. The pay is $16.50 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.