The role of the Marketing Associate is to support the goals of the Company’s Marketing department. They will help plan and implement marketing plans and programs developed by the Marketing Managers that the Marketing Associate supports within specified budget and deadlines. The Marketing Associate will also assist with sales support needs as well as associations, the website, and social media. Candidates for this position must have minimum 1-2 years marketing or other relevant job experience. This job requires excellent organization and planning skills including the ability to prioritize between multiple tasks, a strong proficiency in written and verbal communication, and an aptitude for attention to detail.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Support Marketing Managers’ implementation of strategic multi-channel sales and marketing plans as directed in a timely and responsive manner.
- Work with Marketing Managers the Marketing Associate supports on developing marketing plans for key titles and channels.
- Support Marketing Managers in communication and support of authors with flyers, scheduling calls, etc.
- Conduct market research to identify key associations, publications, ad opportunities, etc. to support marketing planning.
- Complete ad hoc projects as identified by Marketing Managers the Marketing Associate supports.
- Help manage our associations, through creation of landing pages, tracking promo codes, and sending check requests as needed
- Create ads, email campaigns, and direct mail with direction from the Marketing Manager.
- Facilitate execution on anything that needs to be created or changed on our website (events, partnerships, feature boxes, etc.).
- Help create landing pages as needed.
- Manage the company’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and ensure our social media initiatives are carried out appropriately
- Continually develop product, market, and competitor knowledge through conventions, editorial, author, and customer communication.
- Travel to conventions on behalf of the Company, act as Booth Manager, and plan booth schedule as needed.
- Conduct effective and professional sales conversations on key Company products, programs, and initiatives.
- Assist with planning and executing conference attendance, including book setup and teardown, in-booth collateral and other materials, special events both in and outside of the exhibit hall, etc.
- Act as representative of the company when dealing with potential or existing customers and authors.
- When communicating with customers and authors, take appropriate actions to ensure they have a positive experience with, and image of, the company.
- Manage the company’s, Info inbox and take care of all emails and requests.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing or a related field, 1-2 years marketing, sales, or related job experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Be able to travel to at least 3-4 conferences per year
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret concepts, documents, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and work with diplomacy
- Reasoning/problem solving ability
- Superior and persuasive internal/external customer/vendor communication skills
- Ability to work with constant interruptions
- Multi-tasking ability
- Project management ability
- Ability to effectively manage vendor, freelance or consulting relationships,
- Able to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Effective decision making
This is a temporary assignment, approximately 3-6 months in length, located in the Conejo Valley area. The pay range is $18 to $20 hourly. Candidates will be required to provide a cover letter with their resume. Candidate will also be required to take Microsoft Excel test and proofreading test.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.