Payment Posting Specialist
The Payment Posting Specialist is responsible for timely patient and third party payment posting, contractual adjustments, carrier risk adjustment and patient deductibles transactions to the appropriate accounts. They will perform manual payment posting of all payments received for the company. This includes posting of payment, adjustments, take-backs and insurance denials.
Job Duties (including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for Payment Posting for the following, within the time frame of the Service Level Agreement:
- Post Third Party Commercial Insurance /Patient Endorsed Payments
- Reverse charged off accounts and Post Payments from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau
- Financial Services Provided
- Posting of Interest Paid or Penalty Fees
- Entering Denials using the rejection subsystem
- Posting Commercial Insurance Denials
- Post Payment to the Overpayment Account
- Deposit Reconciliation
- Credit Card Payment Posting
- Initiate overpayment refunds to patients
- Preparation and Recording Deposit activity
- Creation and reconciliation of Deposit Forms
Skills and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent
- Accurate with figures; ability to keypunch accurately with speed
- Strong organizational skills
- PC experience required (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus)
- General knowledge of computer system
- Good analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills, and inter-personal communication skills are essential.
- Data entry skills (9,000 – 10,000 keystrokes)
- One-year experience as a cash or payment poster, preferably at a bank or medical facility or worked processing healthcare insurance claims.
This is a temporary (possibly lasting to the end of the year or beyond) assignment located in the Conejo Valley area. The salary is $17 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.