Pension Plan Project Coordinator
For the Pension Plan Project Coordinator to be a successful and productive member of the team, the candidate should be a well versed in accounting practices, have some skill administering pension plans for small and mid-size companies. The client is willing to train for some aspects of this position.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Needs to be able to organize, process, reconcile, and proof asset data and employee information (using Excel)
- Process, type, and proof various reports and projects (using Excel & WordPerfect)
- Administer pension plans
- Expected to provide executive level support on various projects and multitask where necessary
- Other duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have pension administration experience (including standard administrative platforms–Relius, Sungard, ASC, FT Williams)
- Common sense and attention to detail is a must.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of Excel (sorting, cell relationships & referencing, multiple worksheets within a workbook) and WordPerfect (tabs & formatting)
- intermediate accounting knowledge and skills (cash basis vs. accrual basis, reconciliations), GAAP knowledge
- strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, be detail oriented and organized
- Must be a team player who can handle multiple projects and priorities
- Should have an “old school” work ethic, and – be a self-motivated individual with a positive “can do” attitude.
- In addition to a modest benefit package, the client offers a flexible work schedule, a professional environment and a friendly supportive staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Accounting certifications or higher level education would be a plus.
This is a temp to hire position in the San Fernando Valley area. The pay range $20 -27 depending on experience.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.