What’s the opportunity?
The Software Engineer is responsible for working with the integrations team lead to design, develop, and support multiple integrations between the client’s and various integration partners in their industry’s ecosystem. As a member of the team this candidate will participate in User Acceptance Testing working with trading partners and clients to ensure the smooth rollout of new integrations. The Medical Software Engineer will rely on experience and be proficient in completing a wide variety of complicated tasks while complying with industry standards.
What will I be doing?
- Design and development of new HL7 interfaces with various HealthCare vendors.
- Enhance and maintain existing interfaces.
- Ability to translate complex problems to detailed tasks.
- Implement planned software design using Java technologies (Spring Integration, Spring Batch).
- Resolve bugs identified through internal testing, user acceptance testing, and customer feedback using issue management software and processes.
- Work with Vendors and Customers as we move through the testing process for new integrations.
- Maintain documentation.
What skills do I need?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Should have excellent team working and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of various software programming languages and ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to develop software in Java
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and database technology (SQL, Stored Procedures, Hibernate, or other ORM a plus).
- Familiarity with schema, XML, JSON, and other data interchange formats.
- Web services (REST/SOAP).
- Experience with TCP/IP protocols
We’d also like you to have
- HL7 Standards and experience with medical data integrations. (CDA a plus)
- Experience developing integrations across various vendors.
- Java, Spring/Hibernate, SQL, JSON, XML
- This position will require bi-coastal travel on a regular basis for training and meetings.
In addition to playing a pivotal role in the advancement and success of the company, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Great benefits package with health, dental and vision included
- Be sure to ask about all the daily perks supplied by the company
Our client is an equal opportunity employers and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status.