An innovative software company is seeking a highly qualified individual to fulfill the role of Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for multiple functions of the accounting department.
Job Description (Including but not limited to the following):
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Maintains general ledger entries by required records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting.
- The required minimum experience in accounting is 3 years.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets – pivot tables a plus
- Intermediate level of expertise with Microsoft Word, at a minimum
- Great writing skills in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- The right candidate will have excellent work habits are a must, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Performs at a high degree of confidentiality
- Great attention to detail required
- Follows GAAP and SFAS rules
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley Area. The pay range is $21 to $23 hourly. Please call for additional information.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.