Account Manager II
What’s the opportunity?
The Account Manager II manages a book of insurance business, and provides professional, courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and colleagues; manages complex risk and exposures and acts with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making. The Account Manager II also supports Producers and other support staff in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
What will I be doing?
- Works closely with Producers and other personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to CLIENT’s best practices and standard procedures.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Oversees (and performs when needed) the preparation and implementation of transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts. Includes acting as Back-up for other support staff members.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Coordinates the implementation of the client’s strategic plan. This includes: Performing key “value-added” services including, but not limited to, Pre-Renewal Strategic Planning, Risk ID Assessments, Contract Reviews, Claims Reviews (in coordination with Claims Management), Market Analysis, Stewardship Reports, Deductible Analysis, etc.; Coordinating the value-added services being provided by our Risk Services and Claims Management Divisions.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other products and services when appropriate for the clients’ needs. Documents other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- In conjunction with the producer or independently, manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings
- Maintains accurate and organized account files by appropriately documenting conversations with clients and carrier representatives; updates all computer systems and automated agency management systems; ensures the accuracy of data.
- Prepares reports, proposal and comparisons for management as required.
- Seeks continued knowledge and stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes; Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Oversees functions performed by less experienced Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers as required.
- Supports, mentors, and trains other support staff members.
- Provides a high level of support to Sales staff in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What skills do I need?
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Desire to learn and grow within the insurance industry.
- Confidence and demeanor to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships; work effectively with insurance and service vendors to gain cooperation in meeting clients’ needs.
- Ability to respond to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and handle difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and accurately.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and responsibilities in order to complete assignments on time and with optimal accuracy.
- Ability to effectively work with a team and coach others in developing their skills and abilities.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
We’d also like you to have the following:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and agency management systems.
- 5+ years account management experience (brokerage preferred) or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Property & Causality License – current
The company offers a competitive exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions employees for longevity and success. They believe in investing in the future of employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development.
The company is committed to providing you with
- Competitive salary – pay range is $70k to $80k annually
- Competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in current needs, yet evolves as needs change over time.
This company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Job Ref. #: 44??
Location: Westlake Village, CA