ACCOUNTING DEPT SECRETARY
Seeking Accounting Dept Secretary to perform routine and complex clerical and support work for an accounting department in a non-profit environment.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Receives calls from consumers, families, others, obtains and records pertinent information, refers or responds to requests.
- Provides support to service coordinators and management staff.
- Types or inputs documents and records.
- Maintains a variety of records, including files, computer databases and activity logs.
- Performs a variety of clerical and support tasks, including filing, copying, telephone or reception coverage, meeting set-up and coordination, scheduling appointments, preparing and obtaining case materials and communicating with consumers, families, service providers and other agencies.
- Provides support to other Secretaries, as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Intermediate proficiency utilizing MS Word (to include mail merge), Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and various databases
- Proficient in the use of general office equipment (i.e., printers, scanners, fax and copiers)
- Accurate and rapid typing minimum of 45-50 wpm
- Usage of appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Some positions require knowledge of medical and psychological terminology
- Transcription may be required for some positions, customer service on telephone and/or in person, organization, meeting deadlines, following written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies in support of their duties and responsibilities
- High school Diploma or equivalent and two years of related clerical experience
This is a temporary position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. This position will require a three hour battery of testing at the Client’s facility prior to moving forward with the interview process. Please call our office for additional detail.
Job Reference #: 447T
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.