What’s the opportunity?
As a key member of the Accounting & Finance team, the Accounting Manager directly oversees monthly close of the general ledger, preparation of consolidated financial statements and supporting documentation, P/L account analysis, and provides managerial support for daily activities performed by the accounting team. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring accurate and timely month-end general ledger close in compliance with IFRS standards with adherence to a tight closing calendar. Identifies any areas of concern in accounts for investigation and resolves. Key contributor to the month-end close.
- Ensuring GL accounts are properly supported and reconciled monthly.
- Maintaining the company’s overall system of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Preparing consolidated financial statements and ensures accurate reporting across all company departments, locations and segments.
- Supporting compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, as well as other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Managing consolidation of company entities, including eliminations and recording of investment in subsidiaries.
- Supporting the coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information.
- Maintenance and support of purchase order workbook for Sales & Marketing.
- Directs the daily activities of team members, monitoring deadlines and providing hands-on support and coaching.
- Preparing budgets annually and forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- Compiling annual reporting package which includes income statements, balance sheet, cash flow and other financial details.
- Other related duties as required.
What skills do I need?
- Five or more years of financial accounting in a corporate environment and three or more years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor of accounting, finance or related field. CPA, master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- IFRS (and ability to apply IFRS knowledge to general ledger accounting) and GAAP, as well as tax strategy.
- Accounting for foreign currencies.
- MS Office Suite user, particularly Excel (formulas, functions, macros, queries, pivot tables).
- Oracle Financials a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able/comfortable communicating across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, solution-oriented and comfortable working against deadlines.
In addition to an important role in the success for the company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits
- Extra perks and privileges
- An excellent opportunity to put your skills to good use — while developing your own personal and professional growth.
Job Ref #: 445X
Location: Encino, CA