Administrative Office Coordinator
The Administrative Office Coordinator is essential to ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the client office, this position is responsible for providing support to and conducting projects for the Executive Director/COO and the other senior management staff and acting as a high-level liaison between the client and its members; this position includes responsibility for helping the administrative team in its relentless pursuit of the client’s vision and five-year strategic plan.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Coordinates and oversees the administrative needs of the office (phone coverage, supply ordering and management, mail distribution, storage, etc.).
- Identifies and resolves issues before (or as) needed – often in conjunction with the Executive Assistant.
- Updates and distributes staff directory regularly.
- Trains office staff in general procedures and communicates clearly with staff when changes and updates have occurred.
- Is proactive in the management of office needs as they needs grow and/or change, including developing and overseeing the implementation of approved system improvements.
- Represents the interests of client to outside vendors.
- Assists ED/COO with daily administrative tasks including scheduling, correspondence, purchases, reimbursable expenses, meeting logistics, and research and performs similar support duties and functions as requested by the ED/COO as they arise.
- Fields incoming calls on the ED/COO’s public line and, at times, communicates on the ED/COO’s behalf.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic corporate files; works with CFO on implementation of the document/file retention policy.
- Participates in the phone rotation/backup and voicemail rotation.
- Calculates, tracks, and reports on office expenses.
- Tracks receipts and General Ledger assignments related to the use of the credit card held in the name of the ED/COO.
- Enters new and updated data in the Shulcloud CRM system daily.
- Supports the effective functioning of the Board of Directors and its committees in carrying out their fiduciary role.
- On behalf of the Board of Directors and its committees, facilitates logistics, provides and/or prepares resources for meetings, communications, administration, and other needs as they arise.
- Maintains Shulcloud tags, keeps directories and rosters up-do-date, and prepares emails and print mailings for the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Conducts research, compiles and analyzes data, and coordinates surveys on behalf of the ED/COO and other Senior Leadership Team members as requested.
- Under the supervision of the ED/COO, supports, coordinates special projects for various representatives of the client’s Senior Leadership Team and their departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Assiduous in the practice of confidentiality, tact, and discretion
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with congregants, staff, and lay leaders
- Congregant (customer) focus with a friendly demeanor
- Detail-orientation with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent judgment, including high-level skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Effective written and oral communication
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database programs, and online research
- Passion for the work of synagogues/religious institutions, schools, or nonprofits highly desirable
This is a temporary assignment for approximately 14 weeks for a LOA located in the West LA/San Fernando Valley area. Please call for additional details
Job Reference #: 44DW
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.