AR and Collections Clerk
The AR and Collections Clerk will have a good accounting background. This position is not remote. They will be required to work in the office.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Assist with audit tasks and reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable processing and Accounts Receivable data entry
- Monitor the firm’s accounts receivable and identify overdue accounts.
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to either collect the overdue amount or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in installments.
- Use credit bureau data, post office information, internet searches and other tools to try to locate customers who have moved or changed phone numbers.
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with delinquent account customers as well as records of any payments collected from the customer.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing.
- Submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress.
- Miscellaneous accounting functions as needed
- Assist with any special projects
- Support the administrative staff when required
Skills and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent. Education on a higher level (AA or higher) desirable
- Experience with AR bookkeeping is required
- Superior customer service abilities with a friendly disposition.
- Organizational, multi-tasking skills; ability to deliver on daily and weekly deadlines
- Self-starter with a quick understanding of what is required
- Strong data entry and typing skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook. Any experience with accounting software is a plus
- Works well under pressure in a busy environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- You are comfortable with database systems and can learn new systems easily
This is a temporary to hire assignment located in the Simi Valley area. This is a full time (40 hours a week) position working in the office. The salary range is $18 to $22 hourly depending on experience.
Job ref. #: 44SS
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.