Bilingual Senior HR Generalist
What’s the opportunity?
Bilingual Spanish Senior HR Generalist assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff and at direction of the Vice President of Human Resources; assists and advises agency management staff regarding Human Resources issues.
What will I be doing?
- With recruiting and staffing evaluates, refers candidates for employment, reviews and approves recommendations for hire. Assists in development of pre-employment tests at direction of HR Director or Supervisor.
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; monitors employee records for compliance with law or contract such as Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Employee orientation, development, and training as it relates to HR policies and processes.
- Processes employee and benefit paperwork; maintains the HR Information System (HRIS). Resolves employee benefit issues.
- Assists in coordinating and monitoring Safety, Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance programs, responds to inquiries from outside agencies.
- Assists in maintaining position tracking system and producing HR reports on staffing.
- Plans and facilitates employee information sessions and special events.
- Represents Human Resources at meetings or events as needed.
What skills do I need?
- 5-8 years solid HR Generalist experience
- Background in a manufacturing environment
- Have strong knowledge in all aspects of HR Law, including general knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and practices; personnel policy and procedure usage.
- Specifically – have experience in recruiting at all levels, write job descriptions, conduct salary surveys and put together benchmarks for the entire company, handle LOAs and administer benefits
- Proficient in Ceridian dayforce
- Fluent or near fluent Bi-lingual Spanish skills
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Have patience with people
- Be flexible to visit 2nd and 3rd shift occasionally
- Good interpersonal skills
We’d also like you to have
- Experience recruiting and placing warehouse and production positions
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs such as computer information systems and Payroll systems.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (must include Excel formulas and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping).
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication including excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service background skills.
- Associate’s degree in a related field preferred
- three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred not required.
In addition to playing a meaningful role
- Competitive salary
- Good Health benefits
- Daily chances to make a difference by solving real problems
Job Reference #: 44
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA