Business Development Manager
Conejo Valley area, California
What’s the opportunity?
Our Client is looking for a Business Development Manager who will deliver continuous growth of the company’s pipeline of products and sales opportunities. This role requires an independent, organized, and forward-thinking individual with previous pharmaceutical/biotech experience who excels at interacting with both internal and external stakeholders, and thrives in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment Analytical skills are essential, as is the ability to motivate others and provide the leadership necessary to accomplish team goals.
What will I be doing?
- Identify and execute on product portfolio growth opportunities within the existing customer base
- Identify and execute on market expansion opportunities
- Generate new partnership leads and successfully develop these business relationships through a proactive approach
- Conduct portfolio analyses to define opportunities for growth within the existing portfolio
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to institute strategies for revenue growth
- Build and promote the Client’s brand by participating in industry events and contributing to corporate marketing efforts
- Develop and manage reporting of Business Development opportunities, results and capture rates
- Partner with the VP of Business Development to set initiatives and subsequently deliver the company’s Key Results
- Actively manage a team of Analysts and a Business Development Supervisor to conduct timely and accurate analyses that contribute to opportunity discovery and execution
What skills do I need?
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in business development, marketing, sales/sales operations, finance, or FP&A
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses
- Extensive experience with Excel and other analytical toolsets (e.g., Microsoft BI, Access, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and validating large data sets and drawing conclusions from that analysis
- Ability to remain focused while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Exceptional oral and written communication skill
- Willing to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
We’d also like you to have
- Maintain a strong attendance record
- Adhere to company’s drug-free workplace policies
- Individual must be an enthusiastic team player, concerned with job and company as whole
- Must be self-disciplined with a desire to drive high quality results
- Must be flexible and extremely detail-oriented
This is a full-time direct-hire position working with a great team in the Business Development field. In addition to playing a key role in the success of the company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Great health benefits, 401K
- Professional development
Our client is an equal opportunity employers and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Ref #: 44OB
Location: Conejo Valley , CA