The Claims Representative (CR) is responsible for the timely processing of all returns, disputes and other customer related issues. This includes but not limited to researching claims, auditing invoices/orders, and resolving claims within established company’s policies and procedures.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Receives incoming claims from customers via phone, mail, email or fax
- Research and obtain back up documentation from customer, order files, prepaid/credit card batches and shipping/receiving records
- Make a determination to either approve or deny a claim, including securing supervisor approval for claims exceeding a pre-established limit.
- Utilize the order entry system and practices along with credit and returns policies and procedures to issue credit memos and/or refund requests.
- Contact customers by phone, fax, mail or email with resolutions to claims
- Maintain sales tax exemption files
- Maintain good customer relations by providing timely resolutions to customer issues
- Accountable for accurate claims processing within the established turnaround time
- Process customer return/returns within the established turnaround time
- Research and process customer refund requests in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned and as business needs dictate.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Any additional higher education is a plus.
- Strong, accurate typing and data entry skills (alphanumeric)
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with customer information
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, etc.
- Reasoning/problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with constant interruptions
- Multi-tasking ability and attention to detail
- Effective internal/external customer communication
- Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Basic mathematical skills
- Effective decision making and be adaptable to continually changing priorities
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Willing to work in a close proximity to others with a team environment
This is a hybrid contract position for approximately twelve months located in the Conejo Valley area. There is a possibility the position may be more remote in nature. The pay is $21 DOE.
Job Ref #: 44Q9
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.