Client Service Associate
What’s the opportunity?
The Client Service Associate will provide assistance to the Client Service Director in helping clients with the day-to-day matters they need addressed, our firm’s compliance with regulatory requirements and operational aspects of our business. The client is a hybrid RIA offering investment management and financial planning services to individuals, families, and small businesses. We maintain the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in our client relationships.
What will I be doing?
- Provide a welcoming and receptive environment for clients
- Answer inbound client calls and emails
- Process relevant forms to open and maintain client accounts
- Process client requests pertaining to their accounts – deposits, withdrawals, etc.
- Support financial advisors in executing advice and recommendations provided to clients
- Help with estate distributions after client death
- Calculate and process Required Minimum Distributions
- Assist Client Service Director with any compliance support required from company’s compliance counsel
- Work with Client Service Director to maintain advisor state and insurance securities registrations
- Monitor advisor continuing education requirements and verify completion
- Pay company bills via QuickBooks
- Maintain electronic client files properly
- Maintain accuracy of CRM database
- Coordinate with facilities vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years related experience or training as a Financial Advisor Assistant or Client Service staff member with firm custodies at Charles Schwab Institutional
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in office administration for a financial advising firm and use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Candidate must possess high ethical standards with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical capabilities, along with a “can-do” attitude
- An ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking and keeping up with a busy, demanding, client-oriented environment is a must
- The position requires professional appearance and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced candidates only
We’d also like you to have:
- Proven office experience in a financial advisory firm or financial advisor support role
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Comfortable with technology
- Experience with Schwab Advisor Center and Salesforce CRM is a huge plus
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the success of the Company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical/dental insurance
Job Ref. #: 447H
Location: North Hollywood, CA