Commercial Collections Specialist
The Commercial Collections Specialist will primarily be utilizing customer services skills to process collection files and assist in solving any issues in their power for the borrower and broker. They will establish, develop and retain relationships with both borrowers and brokers. The department finances insurance loans and each person handles the paperwork, underwriting and collection from start to finish.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Provide quality customer service with both borrowers and brokers
- Collections are on cancellation policies primarily
- Review daily collection reports
- Dealing mostly with commercial insurance / trucking industry
- Calculate and collect balances due from borrowers
- Calculate and collect return premiums and commissions from Insurance Carriers, General Agencies and Brokers
- Process various department accounting tasks
- Perform various general clerical duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Higher education not required but always helpful
- Minimum of one to two years of experience providing customer service in the collections field.
- Must have an understanding of the insurance process
- Some accounting experience would be helpful
- Comfortable helping customers majority of the day
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (can effectively convey information verbally)
- Must have a calm demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Excellent phone manner with great diction
- Possess good basic math skills
- Must have good time-management skills
- Works well with a team
- Proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry, use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
This is approximately a three month temporary position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The pay RANGE is $19 – $23.50 hourly. Please call for additional information.
Job Reference #: 44H0
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.