COMMUNITY SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Community Services Administrative Assistant provides support to the Community Services Director and staff. This is a very busy non-profit organization.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Manages the administrative functions within the Community Services Department.
- Responsible for maintaining the CS Director’s calendar and schedules, related appointments and meetings; coordinates external and internal meetings on behalf of the CS Director. Coordinates travel and conference arrangements for Director and CS Supervisors.
- Answers phones and general email inboxes for CS Department and distributes inquiries throughout the department accordingly.
- Develops and maintains tracking systems for CS Director and staff.
- Creates and composes reports, memos, graphs, databases and e-mails using a variety of computer resources i.e. MS Office, SANDIS, etc.
- Maintains oversight and tracks various departmental projects, including compiling necessary data for projects and ensures that deadlines are met. Prepares technical documents, i.e. spreadsheets, databases and any other types of complex reports.
- Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects. May act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the CS Director, which may include, planning, coordinating, and organizing presentations and disseminating information.
- Coordinates schedules and facilitates agency and inter-agency meetings, presentations, appointments, travel, etc.
- Types letters and reports; proofreads; formats and prepares various documents.
- Works independently to complete assignments.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced clerical and administrative office practices and procedures.
- Requires a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential issues. Must continually demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as with various members of the community.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge required of a variety of software applications, MS Office – Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and other types of databases i.e. SANDIS.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofreading materials.
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and handle multiple competing tasks and projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a temporary position (up to six months) located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The hourly pay range is $20 to $23 DOE. There will be required on-site testing for Microsoft Office in order to be considered for the position. This position has the possibility of temp to hire for the right fit.
Job Reference #: 44F9
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.