Construction Cost Accountant
What’s the opportunity?
The Construction Cost Accountant is responsible for the reduction of a company’s financial waste and increasing profits pertaining to construction projects. To effectively achieve those objectives, the Construction Cost Accountant will be required to work closely with management.
What will I be doing?
- Set up new project accounts in the accounting system
- Process, review and code subcontractor/vendor project related invoices
- Maintain contracts and change orders
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Prepare and record monthly loan draws
- Maintain project related records
- Process subcontractor’s joint checks
- Obtain required lien releases and vendor insurances
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This job will also be producing the subcontractor contracts (from client templates) with information received from the client’s Purchasing Department.
What skills do I need?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Construction Cost Accountant. Preferably, prior experience in the commercial and residential real estate industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of the accounting program YARDI
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel; must be able to manipulate and create Excel spreadsheets; including standardizing reports, utilizing filtering and formulas to generate desired results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Attention to detail, producing accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high demand work environment
We’d also like you to have the following:
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to comply with operating policies, procedures and rules is essential
- Able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability to work beyond normal working hours as required
- Must maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration all staff and vendors
In addition to playing a meaningful role, you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Daily chances to make a difference by solving real problems
Job Reference #: 44F2
Location: Calabasas, CA