CONTRACT AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
The Contract and Compliance Specialist develops, monitors, and evaluates client’s service provider’s contracts. Also consults with Community Services staff on contract and compliance issues.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Generate, review, coordinate, and execute agency contracts with vendored service providers.
- Review contractual documents and agreements with utmost accuracy.
- Evaluate contracts to make sure they abide by all applicable state and federal laws, and agency’s policies.
- Oversee the maintenance of contractual requirements, i.e. contract specific language and reporting, tracking spreadsheets, and database.
- Provides recommendations to supervisor and management team on pending contract negotiations and updates on contractual language to remain current with regulations and statues.
- Monitors contractual, regulatory and statutory requirements under the HIPAA laws, Client’s contract with government services, Welfare & Institution Code, or California Code of Regulations, Title 17, and applies the requirements to contracts in accordance with the Agency’s mission, vision, and values.
- Represents the unit and/or agency in dealings with service providers, other community and governmental agencies, community groups, and other stakeholders
- Creates and maintains informational material for use by providers and agency staff on contract/vendorization policies and procedures.
- Manages receipt, tracks, gathers information for investigation, and recommends/implements solutions for out of compliance vendorizations, whistleblower complaints, and privacy breaches in accordance with centers policies & procedures.
- Monitor the service provider performance in contracts to ensure that they are meeting the compliance obligations set in the contractual agreement. Develop and monitor Action Plans for service provider’s non-compliance and/or not meeting contractual obligations.
- Prepares Health and Safety and 637 requests in collaboration with case management, as required.
- Performs all other assigned duties as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Working knowledge of contract management, compliance procedures, state & federal laws, and developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information.
- Maintain a high degree of creditability, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust.
- Attention to detail and efficient with organization
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, problem-resolution oriented, and must work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Proactive capability for decision-making and comprehending and communicating complex information
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication, mathematical analysis skills, and experience in creating and analyzing correspondence, compliance, financial documentation, and legislation
- Proficiency in standard Office Suite software programs, and ability to learn new software applications, including data tracking and analysis
- Ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of related experience. A Master’s degree in a related subject may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Reliable transportation, valid CDL and acceptable driving record (or acceptable substitute) required.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Chatsworth area. The pay range is $23 to $25 hourly.
Job Reference #: 44LL
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.