Customer Service Supervisor
The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Customer Service Representatives, managing their performance and providing backup assistance for all duties of Customer Service Representatives at different levels. The Customer Service Supervisor must be very knowledgeable on all aspects of Customer Service Representatives responsibilities, effectively coach, and counsel representatives as needed.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Provide day-to-day management of Customer Service Representatives.
- Manage the yearly review process for the Customer Service Representatives.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with the staff to review overall performance and to identify issues that need resolution. Conduct annual salary reviews.
- Recommend and reinforce policies and procedures regarding order processing, systems, training and other support materials.
- Coach staffing in applying and providing optimal internal and external customer service in their first line of contact responsibility. Provide adequate training and training materials for staff.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor progress of Customer Service Representatives tasks and projects to ensure that service levels are met individually and departmentally.
- Assist staff with daily tasks when the need arises.
- Develop and maintain collegiate, positive and supportive team environment.
- Provide leadership to the Customer Service team and develop reps according to the business need.
- Identify issues between Customer Service Representatives and internal customers and discuss solutions with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations for process and policy improvements to operations processes for potential local and global implementation.
- Provide recommendations for staffing (workload, numbers of sales staff to support, other variables influencing Customer Service Representatives) with the goal to guarantee appropriate support to facilitate sales revenue targets and control departmental operating costs.
- Deliver appropriate reporting, including but not limited to workload trending and performance reports, to management to enable successful monitoring of the business.
- Work with the Customer Service Manager with special projects as directed.
- Contribute to long-term plans with the Customer Service Manager to achieve department success.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Sales team and other staff members within other departments to ensure ongoing agreement on workflows, responsibilities, ownership and excellence in customer service.
- Develop relationships with other internal company contacts to secure efficient business processes.
Works with Marketing and Sales departments to achieve the desired goals of the department, customer and the company.
- Act on behalf of the Customer Service Manager during his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Manager and as business needs dictate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-3 years management/communication experience in sales or operations environment required.
- Publishing experience preferred.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with people development and conflict management.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and administration skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley Area. Please call for additional details.
Job Ref. #: 4478
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.