Director of OPS
What’s the Opportunity?
The Director of OPS will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively as well as supervise physical plant operations including all buildings and grounds, utilities, and safety/security systems to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for all. In addition, the Director of OPS will collaborate with Human Resources Department on safety initiatives.
What will I be doing?
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed per company policy.
- Provide recommendations and feedback to executive team on operational and employee performance.
- Build talent and capability of employees to a level that supports operations and creates competitive advantage
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values encourages good performance and rewards productivity.
- Drive organization towards it yearly financial and strategic goals. Have a full understanding of how to read financial statements such as P+L and Balance Sheet and can provide analysis on actual vs forecasted revenue and profit.
- Take written positions on important issues (competition, market trends, tough product decisions, and markets to attack or yield).
- Ensure that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings.
- Create training tools, FAQ’s, presentations, and white papers that can be leveraged by all
- sales and marketing staff
- Develop the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) required to determine organizational progress. Provide weekly KPI reports with analysis to the Sr. Management team.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers and OPS staff; for major changes, answer questions, and maintains morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to all in every situation
- Oversees contractors. Schedules renovations.
- Handles security and cleaning. Coordinates routine maintenance and repairs.
- Manages waste disposal.
- Designs and planning facilities layout.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What skills or abilities do I need?
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
We’d also like you to have
- Master’s degree in Business Administration required.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Six Sigma Certification required.
In addition to playing a key role in building the success of the Company, you’ll received:
- Competitive salary $100k – $130k with paid vacation/sick/personal, etc.
- Great benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision and more)
- 401(k) with discretionary Company matching
- Extensive wellness program
- And more
Job Ref. #: 44SV
Location: Ventura County, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.