What’s the opportunity?
The Employment Specialist is a critical player in the office. The primary emphasis is on filling job orders with urgency. The pace is fast, the tools are strong, and the culture is positive. Employment Specialists are expected to build and maintain a core of strong associates in a variety of functions and be in a position to fill job orders quickly and efficiently on a daily basis in the areas of office services, industrial, and professional. Sometimes the order needs to be filled within hours to meet a client’s critical need or sometimes within days to fill a longer term requirement. Strong phone and interpersonal skills are an essential part of this role
The office as a whole should focus on the 5 Sales Plays at all times:
- Make face-to-face decision maker calls.
- Develop a sales action plan for each top 20 hit list account.
- Make MPC calls.
- Fill job orders with urgency.
- Deliver the Client Care Packet.
Example work in this role might include the following:
The Employment Specialist will be interviewing candidates on a daily basis, filling job orders, attempting to find slots for the best associates as they come off an assignment, and following up with clients and associates every day to ensure satisfaction. Like the Sales Representative, this requires the ability to use consultative selling techniques (communication skills, questioning and listening techniques) and the discipline of being persistent in making sales contacts.
Employment Specialist Performance Objectives
- Maintain an extremely high-level of daily activity to fill all job orders with urgency.
- Fill 100% of all qualified job orders as rapidly as possible.
- Recruit as necessary to fill all orders.
- Qualify and take a thorough and complete job order.
- Adhere to the Internal Job Order Process. This requires communicating with the client to understand the core duties of the job, the required skills, and the environment of the company.
- Ensure the job order is fillable based on the availability of associates and the timeline in which clients’ needs are met.
- Generate and expand business with existing accounts and new accounts.
- Broaden and diversify using the Total Client Care sales approach to turn clients into 3 and 5-star clients by presenting the full range of service capabilities.
- Establish rapport with prospects to turn prospects into clients.
- Conduct MPC calls daily.
- Complete client visits, invite clients to office marketing events, and make regular follow-up calls with existing clients, and prospects as appropriate.
- Learn, use, and maintain the automated tracking system to fill assignments.
- Adhere to the internal Employee Selection Process.
- Utilize the Q3/Q4 system to interview, assign, fill orders, and maintain clients.
- Continually update the database and communicate with clients.
- To fill all orders, develop a pool of associates by interviewing multiple applicants daily and developing strong relationships.
- Deal with a variety of people and needs to quickly assess their competency.
- Coordinate client interviews and assignments.
- Coordinate and re-prioritize activities on a daily basis.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where needs are frequently changing.
- Ensure high satisfaction levels and retention with associates and client.
- Follow up daily with clients and associates.
- Properly schedule and document all activities and meetings, and implement the Quality Call and Workforce Renewal processes.
- Implement the Employment Verification procedures.
- Language skills in Spanish (written and oral) are helpful but not required
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills
- Two to three years of previous staffing related experience is helpful
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Be flexible and able to multi-task, change directions, refocus, and maintain poise.
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment as well as on your own.
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the success of the company, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary plus commission
- Great benefits including health, dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Reference #: 4451
Location: Conejo Valley, CA