EXECUTIVE ADMIN ASSISTANT
The Executive Admin Assistant manages the administrative functions of the Executive Director and Board of Trustees. BILINGUAL SPANISH LANGUAGE SKILLS (WRITTEN AND ORAL) OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL ARE A DEFINITE MUST.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar and schedules related appointments; coordinates activities of numerous departments ensuring functions that are scheduled do not conflict with existing events.
- Coordinates Executive Director’s travel and conference arrangements.
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Trustees, its committees, and support other such activities when requested. This function would require weekly after-hours meetings and occasional overnight attendance.
- Acts as a liaison between the general public and the Executive Director by answering inquiries either orally or in writing on a variety of organizational activities; develops reports, graphs, databases; writes letters, memos, and e-mails as required.
- May perform confidential employee relation assignments.
- Manages department requests and matters; follows established rules and procedures in responding to requests and redirecting items to other staff members; designs, organizes and maintains the office record keeping system.
- Serves as a back-up to other Executive Administrative Assistants.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the Executive Director, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing company wide events.
- Provides reception duties, as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Clerical and human resources office practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of employment laws.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Advance knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Fully versed on MS Word Mail Merge functions
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong Bilingual Spanish language skills (written and oral) are a definite must.
- Four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a possible six month temp position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The client will administer rigorous language and skills testing. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44HX
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.