Human Resource Coordinator
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Answers employee requests and questions, all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process as well as processing of terminations
- Participates in recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Manager.
- Performs general clerical functions (photocopies; mail, scans and emails, etc.)
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR coordinator (essential).
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Simi Valley area. Please contact our office for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44RY
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.