Human Resources Benefits Specialist 2
The Human Resources Benefits Specialist 2 is responsible for benefits administration including medical, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation. Researches and resolves employee benefit issues. The Human Resources Benefits Specialist 2 will process employee change of status and coordinate temporary employee staff. They will also assist with interviewing process of candidates as needed.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Responds to employee benefits inquiries and issues such as adding or deleting dependents, obtaining missing information, etc.
- Researches and determines appropriate resolution.
- Assists interviewing candidates when additional interviewers are needed.
- Coordinates temporary employee staff, approval process, tracking total days/hours worked.
- Processes employee terminations by notifying appropriate parties, coordinating with payroll, sending separation paperwork, schedule exit interviews, entering data in system, advising insurance, etc.
- Processes benefits enrollment changes.
- Provides policy clarification, documents, etc.
- Assist with updating Human Resources policies as needed.
- Performs data entry regarding benefits, terminations, temporary employees, etc.
- Performs compensation analysis monthly relating to employees’ anniversary and the step compensation salary structure.
- Sends reports and schedule to appropriate parties.
- Prepares changes of status forms.
- Sends memo to effected employees.
- Processes service adjustments including crediting or debiting employee for service time with client or other regional offices.
- Assists the Accounting Department with reconciliation of insurance premium issues.
- Answers questions and conducts research to determine appropriate resolutions.
- Generates ad hoc reports as needed.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 2 years of related experience required.
This is a temp to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The pay rate is $19 to $20 hourly.
Job Reference #: 449R
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.