Human Resources Manager
Sherman Oaks Area, CA
What’s the opportunity?
Successful Human Resources Manager must possess a thorough understanding of both the operational and strategic side of the business. Other vital skills include well-honed organizational abilities, a high degree of professional ethics and sense of fairness and the ability to work with individuals at all levels. Flexibility is extremely important as a senior manager must rapidly shift from one HR function to another depending on the situation. This candidate must also have excellent decision-making capabilities and be comfortable guiding others toward making sound business choices.
What will I be doing?
Managing the day-to-day duties is the ongoing broad function of this position. In a given day, the HR Manager might spend time in recruiting activities, interviewing candidates to fill multiple job openings, then meet with a line manager to discuss an employee relations issue. Some compensation analysis to attain the market rate for a given position, may be required.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding the organization’s policies, practices and regulations.
- Collect and analyze human resources data, and make recommendations for changes.
- Design and execute human resources policies and procedures.
- Guide all recruiting and employee relations processes.
- Administer employee compensation, training and benefit programs
- Play a leading role in employee relations; supports our leadership team and employees by answering questions relating to leaves of absence, benefits issues and related matters; conducts exit interviews.
- Oversees benefits administration by working with our insurance benefits broker
- Manages and tracks all relevant and required documentation for certifying or denying any leaves of absence in accordance with policies.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all open positions; writes and places advertisements; coordinates with leadership to schedule candidate screens and interviews; conducts reference checks and background checks; extends job offers.
- Manages new employee activities; collaborates with hiring managers for onboarding plans for new hires; acts as the point of contact and resource for new hires during the onboarding period.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff team meetings.
- Updates job descriptions as needed and monitors the performance evaluation program.
What skills do I need?
You have a background and training in human resources as well as an appreciation and understanding of the client culture. Being highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and projects. The ability to communicate effectively with everyone on our team. You know what you don’t know; you are confident enough in your skills to ask when you’re not 100% convinced of the answer or would just like a second opinion.
- 4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and sustain excellent business relationships internally
- Certification in Human Resources, preferred
- California HR experience
- Experience working in HR at a large corporation and as part of an HR team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector helpful
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the success of the Client Company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary ($90,000 to $100,000 per year)
- Great employee benefits package
- Extensive holiday schedule
Job Reference #: 44HT
Location: Sherman Oaks area
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.