Human Resources Specialist
The Human Resources Specialist is focused on the delivery of a range of HR transactions and processes. This includes payroll processing and healthcare benefits administration, as well as being a resource for employees by addressing general HR questions in a responsive and timely manner.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR department.
- Performs customer service functions by answering questions and fulfilling requests.
- Conducts new employee orientation in the onboarding process for all new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains records in audit ready condition.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Manages the processing of the bi-weekly payroll for all exempt and non-exempt employees
- Responsible for maintaining accurate payroll records.
- Manages the administrative function of the employee healthcare benefits, including open enrollment and recordkeeping
- Reconciles all monthly benefits statements and submits to Director of Human Resources for approval.
- Conducts audits of various benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations and with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists Director of Human Resources with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Responsible for the temp-to-perm recruitment process.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions..
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files and maintains documentation therein in a currently compliant manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree & 4 years or more of directly related experience OR
High school diploma / GED & 3 years or more of directly related experience
- Strong administration skills.
- A high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Display tactfulness and diplomacy.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Capable of resolving sensitive concerns that present minimal risk to the business.
- May be required to work longer than the typical 8-hour work day.
- Must working knowledge of intermediate/advanced PC software: Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to pass screening, drug test and background check. Adhere to company’s drug-free workplace policies.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Please contact us for additional details.
Job Ref #: 444H
Location: Conejo Valley , CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.